A quesadilla is a Mexican dish which involves cooking ingredients, most popularly cheese, inside a tortilla. This sweet corn, red onion and sweet pepper filling is delicious and very popular with kids.
- . 1 tbs olive oil
- . 1 small red onion, chopped
- . 1/2 red or orange pepper, deseeded and diced
- . 1 x 198g Green Giant sweet corn, drained
- . 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- . 1 tbs honey
- . 4 Old El Paso flour tortillas
- . 4 heaped tbsp salsa (mild or medium, according to your taste)
- . 100g grated Cheddar
- . Sour cream and guacamole (optional), to serve
- . Heat the oil in a large pan or wok and stir fry the onion and pepper for 3 minutes.
- . Add the sweet corn and continue to cook for another 2 minutes or until the onion and pepper are soft.
- . Add the balsamic vinegar and honey and cook for a further minute, then remove from the heat and season to taste.
- . Spread half of each tortilla with a tablespoon of salsa. Scatter a little cheese over the salsa and divide the corn mixture between the tortillas.
- . Top with ¾ of the remaining cheese and roll up. Secure with a cocktail stick and put on a baking sheet.
- . Sprinkle over the remaining cheesePreheat grill to high and grill the quesadillas for 1 - 2 minutes each side, until the filling is hot and the cheese has melted.
Cooking Time: 20 mins