Chicken and Corn Tacos
You can either serve this in Old El Paso taco shells or in a bowl, topped with a little sour cream, grated cheese and served with tortilla chips.
- . 1 tbs olive oil
- . 1 small onion (80g/3oz), finely chopped
- . 1 clove garlic, crushed
- . 1/4 green chilli, deseeded and diced
- . 1/4 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- . 250g/9oz minced chicken
- . 1 x 400g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
- . 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- . 2 tbs tomato puree
- . 50ml/2 fl oz chicken stock
- . 1 tsp sugar
- . 1 x 198g can Green Giant sweetcorn, drained
- . 1 x lettuce
- . 1 x pack of Old El Paso Taco Shells
- . Sour cream, grated cheddar to serve
- . Using non stick frying pan, saute the onion in the oil for 5 minutes, until soft.
- . Add the garlic, green chilli and chilli powder and cook a further 3-4 minutes, until aromatic. Transfer to a medium saucepan.
- . Brown the chicken in the frying pan then add to the onion, along with the remaining ingredients.
- . Simmer for 35-40 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Season to taste.
- . Serve in bowls, topped with sour cream and cheese and with tortilla chips on the side.
Serves: 4 child portions
Cooking time: 50mins