Chicken and Corn Chowder
My three children love this soup. It's great to include this in a flask in your child's lunchbox when the weather gets cold. For a vegetarian option leave out the shredded chicken and use vegetable stock.
- . 15g/1 tbs butter
- . 1 large shallot (55g/2oz), finely chopped
- . 1 medium potato (eg Desiree, c200g/7oz), peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- . 1 x 400g (or 2 x 198g) can Green Giant sweet corn, drained
- . 650ml of chicken stock (vegetarians can use vegetable stock)
- . 6 tbs double cream
- . 50g / 2 oz shredded, cooked chicken
- . 1 tbs chopped parsley (optional), to serve
- . Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sauté the shallot for 5 minutes, until soft.
- . Add the potato, Green Giant sweet corn and stock, bring up to a simmer and cook until the potato is soft.
- . Blend half of this mixture until smooth, then return to the pan and stir in the double cream. Season to taste.
- . Stir in the shredded chicken. Serve with a little chopped parsley scattered over (optional).
Cooking time: 20mins