Report a Post in the Forum


Title: Choking

Details: Choking is a terrifying experience for both child and parent. Advice on action is, of course, of paramount importance. However parents should be aware that there is a product - openly available in every grocery outlet, newsagent, supermarket, petrol station - that is a significant - but unreported - choking hazard to our childrenm. Parents, just be warned. The product is a 'surprise' chocolate egg. The DTI advisers have found that the safety warnings (incidentally the only ones carried on any confectionery on sale in the UK) are frequently illegible as the foil outer is creased when wrapped round the chocolate egg. These products have resulted in the death of a number of children (3 in the UK) and a terrifying experience of choking in many, many others - happily saved from greater trauma by the intervention of an adult. Doctors, safety and consumer organisation throughout Europe would like to see such products banned but, sadly, legislators are not heeding this advice. So please just be warned - a little treat can cause death.

Reason for your complaint

(maximum 500 characters)

Advertise on


If you run a business and would like to get your message across to families and parents then is a good place for you to advertise.


parenting competitions

Win English Heritage Memberships

Win 3 x English Heritage Family Annual Memberships


parenting newsletter

Would you like to receive details of: Parenting Tips, Money Savings ideas and Competitions?


follow parenting

facebook    twitter    rss-feed